Surround height placemnet unique

phips25

My surround situation placement is unique, from the center of my seating position the left is 5 1/2 feet away but the right is 15 feet actually this does not sound as bad as it seems. My setup height is 6 feet at center of the woofer in the rs-3's. My problem is that I feel that I am missing some surround sound, I hear some just not all. The way I notice this is because when I stand I here a lot more detail, is this normal? Should I lower to 5 feet would it be worth the extra holes in the walls?

Thanks

Phips

When I had my system in my living room, I had a similar situation with different distances to the surrounds from the seating position. You may need to angle them down, so they "fire" at the seating area. The angle of sound dispersion is about 60 degrees vertical. You can do this by either using a really long toggle bolt assembly for the top screw and letting the speaker hang out from the wall at the top, or by building a wedge and affixing it to the wall, then the speaker to the wedge.

DD