LF-10 Dead! Murphy's Law enacted!

decibel man

So I should have known better. I need to think before I talk (and / or post). I was just telling someone on the BB last week how pleased I have been with my LF-10 and how it was doing rather well. That of coarse put Murphy's Law into motion. As I was listening to a couple of CD's yesterday I noticed that the sub seemed to be quite. So I looked behind the TV (the TV is about 3' from the corner of the room, leaving me plenty of room to corner load the LF-10) and the green light was illuminated on the front of the sub. I then pulled my speaker away and noticed that there was no sound coming from the sub. I tinkered with the connections and the receiver for a while and even tried my sub from the spare system. The other sub worked.

Needless to say, I will be calling the good people of Klipsch today to get a RMA number. I will miss the little girl while she is in the subwoofer ward at the Klipsch Clinic. I was wondering if anybody else has had a LF-10 die on them after it had been working for quite a while?

A proud father of a sick little subwoofer,

JT

It is times like these that we should thank our lucky stars that we have a great customer service department at Klipsch.

d-man, i too am subless (sorry it's not an lf-10 but figured u may need company/group support).

i broke a plug tip off in my vel hgs-18 while doing my major system rewiring. i confess i pulled the plug a lil sideways when taking it out but it was a monster Y adapter plug - be careful w/ these especially w/ the pin built right onto the adapter part).

anyway, my lower back's still hurting from loading the 100+ lb beast in the girlfriend's cherokee (now i'll have to watch a chick flick) & taking it to the local authorized vel/klipsch dealer.

the repair guy (true tech geek) removed the back panel & got the pin outta the jack. but come to think of it he never did even test the sub when completed. hence after working a few hrs getting everything set back up in the main HT room, went to power up the vel & nothing

it has no fuse i can see.

so moral of this story is make real sure they've tested before taking back. i hope this service dude makes house calls Smile.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver(stereo power amp for rf-3)

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics direct drive turntable

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

Boa, that is way too funny.

It has been the week from hell. My employer found out for sure that we are not going to purchase our major competitor (large houshold name with a 58% share of the market in most of our product sectors). Seeing as how we only have four people in sales and they have over 150 that would have been a major promotion. The company that owns our competitor is doing poorly with its other divisions and now does not want to sell this division because of its success. My sister finalized her divorce today, that means I am now doing husband duties for two households (refinanced her house, selling her Explorer, helping with the two nephews, and the list goes on). What was supposed to be a weekend of baby sitting the in-laws' dog has now turned into three weeks with no end in sight. My weed trimmer broke Tuesday, one month after the one year warranty expired. And last night when I needed some rest I noticed my LF-10 was dead. If my back was not sore from my parents recent move, it would have probably exited out the window!

Of coarse the people at Klipsch were very nice and helpful when I called them this morning. The CSR suggested that I ship just the amp to save on shipping. That is what I am doing. I hope that this is the problem. I can't hook up the amp to the driver with out pulling the driver to see if it works. They needed to put wires that are about three inches longer inside. This just sucks.

I am going to the Indians game tonight in a luxury suite, Murphy's Law is forecasting thunderstorms. I just don't care as long as the beer is cold, I'll watch the infield tarp get wet for three hours.

Good luck with your Velo and happy listening!

JT