which receiver for RF-35 and RS-35

nodi

Hey guys,

Wanted to see if I could get some input on which receiver would be best for a set of RF and RS-35's. I've listened to them on an NAD T762, in which they sounded great. I fell in love the first day I listened to them. The receiver I'm thinking about getting is the HK AVR 325. They didn't have that particular receiver at the shop so I couldn't listen to that specific set up, but from what I've heard about those speakers, they should sound just as well on a receiver with a lower power rating. I did get to listen to the HK AVR-225 on a different setup and it seemed to push a set of satellites quite nicely. So I thought that the 325 would handle the Klipsch fine. Reasoning for this is that the HK is a little more in my price range and I just wanted to hear what you guys thought about it. I'm willing to go a little higher than the $575 that I could get the 325 for but I would like to stay under $1000 ($700 - $800 if possible). Also, I like the fact that the capability of 7.1 is there should I decide to go that route in the near future. Any opinions would be appreciated. Hope to talk to all of you soon.

nodi

Bill,

Yes, the NAD T762 was a little pricier than I wanted to pay. Before dealing, the floor price was right around $1200. I could probably talk them down to around $1000 but then there is the conflict that it is only 6.1 capable instead of 7.1. I didn't think about buying an amp right now to reach 7.1 but I guess that could be an option to increase the power of any of the receivers a bit (even the HK 325 I'm looking at). But yes, the T762 did perform even beyond the expectations I was looking for. Hope your shopping is going as fun as mine is.

nodi

Nodi,

Just like on this Form, it is a learning experience,lots of fun seeing the equipment, and listening to the

different salesman's pitches.............Let Us know what you end up with..... my system is going to

be quite like yours only using the RF 3 II instead of the RF 35's..........regards

Bill,

From what you've seen and heard, do you think there would be any problems with 50W/channel HK AVR-325? I'm wondering if I should spring for something with a little more power. Thats about the only worry I have at this point in my decision. Thanks for your quick responses.

nodi

Nodi,

I think for the price point and with features, that this unit is a good bargin! Plus you get 30 days to try it out. (if you don't like it , just return it.) Circuit City has it on sale for 570.00 good luck.............http://www.circuitcity.com/shoppingcart.jsp?b=g&c=1&oid=63961&catoid=-8021&department=Home+Audio&zip=&QUANTITY=1&category=Receivers&buyButton.y=10&buyButton.x=49&OID=63961&hdENTERed=no&caller=detail.jsp