Where are the posts older than 2001?

Have we lost all the posts older than 2001? If you choose "Show all topics" from the pull-down menu at upper-right and click "Go", you'll get just three pages of posts, all from 2001.

Searches for "P-Trap" etc. only turn up posts from 2001 -- not the original discussions on the subject.

Am I the only one having this problem? I posted on the "Web Site" forum about it twice, but the Webmaster hasn't responded. I'm wondering whether any other posters on the Updating Older Speakers forums want the old posts back as well.

J!

Wow - you're right. A couple of days ago, I did a "search" and found a whole bunch of older postings about the P-trap. Now it looks like they're gone.

With the price of disk space so low these days, you'd think it'd be cheaper to just leave everything on line than to have BobG and crew archiving/deleting stuff. Especially when their CUSTOMERS (that means us) want to continue to access it.

I hope they didn't delete it all. What a shame to have to recreate all that information.

Check out this thread:

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000197.html

Keep in mind that there's more at issue than simply buying another couple hundred gigs of space. As the size of the forum increases, the webmaster and sysadmins are faced with increasing difficulties in archiving file systems, additional CPU crunching when someone ( me! Biggrin.gif ) does a full text search through all forums (see this post), maintenance of great big slothering file systems (don't know if servers are NT, UNIX, or whatever, but principle is same - big FS = headaches), yada yada yada.

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...