Right Channel Dead - Front and Rear

NVRENUF

I've got no sound from the right side, front or rear. Tested the sound card with another set of speakers and it seems to be working fine. Anyone got a suggestion on how to tell if it is in the sub or the control pod? The set is 4 years old and still has the old style pod with the static volume. If I could just change that out with the new $50 upgraded one I think it would be worth fixing. Otherwise I fear it isn't worth the trouble or $$. Any ideas??

Man, I am also having the same problem, except that mine is the left channel. Everything else works fine except the left channel front and rear are very muffled(Very soft, can hardly hear anything coming from them)...if anyone has info on what the problem could be i would really appreciate it. If its a matter of just getting a new pod, i have no problem doing it, but i would like to make sure that that would fix it... thanks

• 2 weeks later...

my front-right channel seems to be dead...how would i go about fixing the problem??? my speakers are not even a year old yet...first i thought it was the satelite speaker...but i plugged in the other front satelite into the front-right channel and it didnt work...any help will do thanks joe

well, I finally had time from school to mess with my 400's a little bit more...i tried everything...moving the wires, checking all the connections, rubbing them with alcohol and all, and lubricating the nobs...nothing worked. I have ordered a cp-1, to see if it is the pre-amp. thing that im a little upset about is that i ordered it a day and a half ago and they ran my card right away, but when i checked online it was still just "pending". i called and they said it had not shipped and they would upgrade my shipping, but its still very annoying to have to wait longer than i have to. I will try the new pod and see if that's the case...if it works i'll add more years to my already 2-3 year old speakers, if not, i'll go for the ultra's3.gif

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 9/22/2003 6:20:25 PM MD1032 wrote:

If they're less than a year old, you're in luck! Call up Klipsch, get an RMA, and send them back. Probably a bad amp, you'll get a new set for free.

----------------

i thought i was going to get a new set of speakers not replacements...the main control satelite has been used cuz i know my speakers were still in new condition and no marks or dents on them...but anyways, the bass is sounding wack on these replacements...i have the settings the same way i had them before but now the bass will sound wack for like 95% of the time and 5% like its suppose to sound like...i already had to pay 15 bucks to ship them back to get a new pair, why didn't klipsch send me a new set instead of used ones...i let my friend listen to them and he said that something is loose in the sub thats why the bass is sounding all wired...what do i have to do to get a new set???