How to get dvds/cds on rear speakers

I have the v.2-400's and a Vortex 2 A3D card. I use a Hauppauge win-tv tuner card for getting my set-top dvd player on my computer.

Regardless if I plug the audio in (I use a jack i picked up at radioshack that takes 2 rca outputs and changes them to a little 'stereo' plug that fits in the sound card) the sound card or in the tv card, the sound only comes out of the front two speakers.

This is also true with music I play off of cd's. It just plays on the front two speakers.

I don't really care if I can't get surround, but I'd like to have the speakers produce sound, even if it is the same sound that is coming out of the front channels.

Does anyone know how I can go about doing this?

Thanks...

if you are running win2000, you are out of luck. the drivers in win2000 don't support 4-speaker mode Frown.gif

if you are running 98 however, you need to download the latest drivers from www.vortexofsound.com , and make sure you have the little control applet running in your tray. there is an option there to set 4-speaker mode and a little button to test the balance and fade.

i had a vortex 2, i loved the a3d 2.0 in half life, but after installing win2000, and finding out it didn't work at all, i went out and bought a turtle beach santa cruz for $80, and i'm very happy with it.

edit: fixed link

This message has been edited by CatKnight on 05-30-2001 at 02:24 PM