magnetically shielding KG 2.0

I recently aquired a pair of KG 2.0's to go with my KG 1.5's that I had bought just as they were being discontinued (little did I know that the 2.0's were from 1980!) they're in perfect condition and it seems from the parts list that I can get the magnet shield cups but will this significantly change the sound of the speaker?? also no price was listed, if this can be done how hard is it? (I've had a little experiance with soldering but not much)

but won't the magnet cup take up space thereby changing the interior space...I know very little of these kid of things...also do they have to be specifically made for Klipsch 2.0's or can I find alternate sources and how much can I expect to spend????

The bucking magnets (if that's what you're talking about) take up a couple of cubic inches at most. They will not change the sound of the speaker at all. You just glue (epoxy) them onto the pack of the existing magent with fields oriented so that the magents repel each other.

Doubt you could find equivalent magnets cheaper anyplace else - $22 for woofer and $8 for tweeter seems reasonable to me.

thanks,where can I get them?? I didn't know the pricing, $30 per speaker is a cheap price to pay to improve my home theatre, I think the 2.0's are wasted as surrounds (not that the 1.5's sound bad at all, but I think they would be best suited as surrounds in this case ( do you know how much replacement logos would be:-)...purely cosmetic...but...I like things perfect...also the 2.0's came with what seems to be a walnut venneer...is it safe to sand them down and paint them black (to match my 1.5's....