MAN WHATSUP WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS???

cemepee

I've had my Promedias since 1998/99 or so. The very first generations of them. I waited like 8 months on backorder because they where so hot (i guess) or there wasnt enough of them being made. I dont know how they come packaged now, but mine didn't even have a "box". It just came in a huge brown shipping/packing box with styrafoam and all the speaker stuffs inside.

As always they where great at first, and i rarely played them at full volume, but mine did developed the scratching volume knob problem. I fixed that by spraying wd40 in it, I read about that fix here. Thanks to whomever it was that discovered it, the scratching got really annoying.

I was at FRYs Electronics a couple weeks ago, and a couple of their computer displays had Klipsch Promedia 2.1 systems hooked up. And WOW did those sound way better than my 4.1's. They where barely turned up and they sounded loud as hell, i couldnt even see where the woofer was but i certainly heard and felt them. A lot more stronger than my promedias, and this was in a huge room compared to my small room here.

I'm much aware (now) of the upgraded AMP modules and other fixes since the first gen Promedias. Actually I lucked out for not following up on this product, for a while i heard Klipsch was replacing all these old AMP modules (which i have) with the new ones under warranty. I think my warranty is far from over by now.

Anyways my bottomline is that I would never put down that much money (~$400) on a set of computer speakers again. Klipsch or otherwise. 4.1, 5.1, or 7.1 it doesnt matter. I've heard Logitechs THX speakers in the $199 range and they "almost" sound just as well. Almost by lacking in the subwoofer performance, but close enough. Oyeah I spend more time with headphones on now-a-days than listening to these speakers. 7.gif