Other speakers

Jacko

As long as it is the same ohm load it should be fine. But keep this in mind, the speakers that came with your system are meant to be with it. Hooking up a different speaker may not do it any justice... As far as a bigger speaker, why not replace the front speakers with the larger one instead of just the back? You can take your control pod off and just have on your desk or on the side of your moniter. That would be a cool setup. What did you have in mind for a bigger speaker? Just curious...

I just like big sound. I blew my receiver by spilling water in it and had to use this Klipsch system instead from my computer. What does this mean - "You can take your control pod off and just have on your desk or on the side of your moniter. That would be a cool setup."

Ok, if you did not want to use the speakers that came with your PM 4.1, you could use your "bigger" speakers in place of the original speakers. But either way, you HAVE to use the control pod. Now, if you did not want to look at the original speaker or you do not have room for it, you could take the control pod out from under the speaker, and if you are using a computer to power these, you could tape or glue the control pod to the side or on top of your moniter. That way all yu have to do is just reach forward and change the volume or whatever...