Mcintosh Lamp Replacement

shload

I need to change a lamp on the left side of my C-26. Is there anywhere on the web that shows or talks you through the steps to get this done. I had to pay shop rate to get this done if I can do it myself. I have no mechanical or electrical ability, but I can change a light bulb!!!! Thanks for any help. Joe

Hello,

I have a C-26 that I acquired at the same time as a MC-2505. Both needed lamps replaced. I checked at Radio shack and found they didn't have some of what was needed and I called McIntosh and found they were very expensive so I went to a local electrical supply store with one of the lamps I needed. They ordered me a bunch of each of the 2 kinds I needed for both units for far less than either one of the sources I had looked at. The only thing I was nervous about was the removal of the glass front to replace the lamps. I had called a local Mac dealer who said NOT to do that because I could break the glass, but not being the brightest I did it anyway and it was really quite easy. I just proceeded carefully and slowly and the bulb replacements went without incident. I might add that I, too, have no skills in any electronic area, but I couldn't afford the prices just to change a couple of bulbs.

Best of luck