dead subwoofer?

Kenuve

I purchased an new pc with Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and I am having sound problems. The 2 satellite speakers work fine, but I do not get any sound from the subwoofer. Initially, I thought it was my Audigy 2 ZS sound card, but after switching the speakers with a few different systems I learned all my other speakers worked fine on the Audigy 2 card. My Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers, however, have the same subwoofer problem on all my systems and on portable audio devices. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you turn up the subwoofer level?

If that doesn't work, I would assume that one of the wires to the woofer is loose, so take off the amp and see if it is loose. If you do not want to do it yourself I do believe there is a waranty on the pro medias so you could have them repaired or replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine also stopped after over a year of use today. Here is how it happened. I keep the unit on all the time but I have been noticing a low freq hum in the house at night during my 2:00 AM wiz. So I turned off the unit at the power switch to see if it was the culprit. Well it was the carver in the living room having trouble with the turntable ground, so I went to sleep.

This AM turn the 2.1 on and only satellites work. Fuse is OK but with volume down I can hear a slight click from the sub during power up but no sound. Reseated all connections to no avail. My 9 year old can't boogie to De-Lite on spring break any suggestions??15.gif