Best Program For Ripping Music?

MLSfan22

What is the best program for ripping music to MP3 or WMA format in your opinion?

I have Creative Mediasource, Musicmatch and Windows Media player (MS Plus Digital Media Edition) with high-quality ripping options. Out of these 3 which one would you choose to back up your audio CD's in small formats?

I use Easy CD-DA Extractor

www.poikosoft.com

its not free, but you can use it for 30 days with full features, its a really good all around program for ripping and converting music.

P.S. Creative MediaSource uses a really good MP3 encoder codec called Fraunhofer, but its downside is its only good for 128-192Kbps, if you're like me and you rip all your CD's at 320Kbps, use Lame codec, its best for 192-320Kbps. also if you are using MediaSource for listening to your music, give Winamp 5.03 a try, its really nice, and has an AWESOME media manager. www.winamp.com

If you happen the own Ahead's Nero Burn Ultra might I suggest using NeroMix. It certainly doesn't rival CDex or EAC functionality but Nero's AAC encoder is excellent and AAC/MP4 seems to be the wave of the future in the audio compression arena. If you don't give a $hit about AAC/MP4 and just want MP3 than either CDEX or EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and use the LAME mp3 encoder. I know that the lame encoder is packaged with CDEX, but I don't remember if it also comes with EAC.

----------------

On 4/21/2004 9:09:06 PM MLSfan22 wrote:

What is the best program for ripping music to MP3 or WMA format in your opinion?

I have Creative Mediasource, Musicmatch and Windows Media player (MS Plus Digital Media Edition) with high-quality ripping options. Out of these 3 which one would you choose to back up your audio CD's in small formats?

----------------

dude, CDex all the way.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

here's where it teaches you how to configure your CDex

http://home.iprimus.com.au/alexanderino/cdex/

• 2 weeks later...