adding a powered subwoofer

Scp53

Hi and welcome to the forum. I just happen to have a Klipsch RW-12 that would be a good match for your speakers. It's in excellent condition. I'm asking $400, and you pay actual shipping cost. Retail is $649 and one sold on Ebay tonight for $422.....just let me know if you have any questions.

The bottom end of the Synergy frequency response is a high 50Hz middle of the bass range, so they need a sub-woofer; almost any low to moderate price sub will help a lot. The Klipsch KSW series has most of its output in the 40HZ range, but plenty of the output reaches up into the upper bass and mid-range. As subs get smaller and more powerful, the larger, less powerful versions are cheap. My clearance KSW200 was about $250 a few years ago and for a while there, it kept up with my walnut-oiled Cornwall 1s, with their B2 crossovers. I would visit the used stereo or repair shops and look for used bargains about $150. A more powerful sub would be wonderful, but you dont need it because almost any bargain you get will help out a lot. 2.gif

My RW-12 is being used with 2 pairs of RB-5IIs and an RC-3II center channel. This is my second surround system and I just don't have room for it anymore. My main system has Chorus mains, Forte rears, a KLF-C7 center and a pair of SVS PC2039PC+ subs.

I also have an older Klipsch powered sub to sell, the SW-12II. It works great but has some scratches on the black cabinet. Just let me know if you're interested or need advice on other subs.

----------------

On 4/28/2004 9:38:58 AM Scp53 wrote:

rckpls,

I don't I know if im interested in this sub. I just have to ask, why are you selling it? What speakers are you using to play with this sub?

----------------