Help w/surround sound set-up

TWB

Hello to all, this my first post on this forum. Have recently entered the world of HT and am the proud owner of a new Pioneer Elite 530 RPTV, Yamaha RX-V2400, and am considering either the Denon 2900 or Yammie 2300 for DVD duties. The question I have for the forum is: The room I'm in is 18 x 14, however due to a wide doorway I'l wide up with a usable space of 18 x 9, with a viewing distance of 13'. The wall the RPTV is going on is 93" wide. I currently own 2 KLF-20s, however I believe they may dwarf the usable area. Am considering either 1- finding a KLF-C7

center and then trying to figure out the appropriate surrounds for the 20s (seems to be a wide difference of opinion in that regard!!) or 2- buying 3 sets of either

RB-5IIs or RB-35s and using three across the front and three across the back. Have not heard either RB-5 or RB-35 but from what I can gather on the web the 5s seem to be

the more beloved of the two. I like the idea of having six matching voices. Any ideas, opinions, help. I'm driving

myself nuts going back and forth between the two choices.

6.gif6.gif6.gif I know this is a long post so I apologize in advance. And I must say, KLIPSCH IS THE ONLY SPEAKER TO OWN!!!!!10.gif10.gif10.gif Thanks for listening

-TWB 2.gif2.gif

A matched set is the best way to go. However, the most critical are the 3 front speakers; similar speakers can often work as surrounds. Also, the surrounds are best along side the listener with the 5/6 channels in the rear.