4.1 Problems

first of all though little information let me tell you something. 99.9% its always the plugs in my opinion, check to make sure the black 1/8 inch plug is pushed in all the way. Then goto the soundcard and check if it is on 5.1 or surround mode. What kind of soundcard do you have? And you said your having trouble getting sound, does that mean you have some sound coming out? because most systems set to 5.1 surround sound usually send the most power to the center as it is the most used speaker then to the left right and then very weak sounds to the surrounds. Why because 5.1 surround was based upon movie performance and not for music. I have the 5.1 Ultras and the DD 5.1 decoder and the prologic mode (5.1) sucks for music so I leave it on stereo (2.1 left and right) and it sounds great.

Guest Damen Bonner

TheRingsSword,

Try to switch the mini plugs to your sound card, if you now get sounds from the rears and not the fronts, you may need to check out your sound card drivers.