New Klipsch...No Sound

foosn1

Just picked up a pair of 4.1s today. I hurried home, set them up, and turned them on only to find that nothing worked. No LED, no nothing. I read an earlier post with the same problem. Amy said to take it back. Is this a common problem? Do I want to try my luck with another pair? I don't know.

Bummed in DC

• Moderators

It's not common as far as percentage of systems, but it does happen occasionally. Chances are, a replacement set will work just fine.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

I had the same problem, and it's sickeningly easy to solve - simply open up the sub box and there's will almost certainly be a disconnected ribbon. Connect it, and you're good to go. You aren't kidding about quality control. You'd think they'd test each unit, considering that they retail for 300....

Hey all ...

I wanted to ask you, seens how starting a new topic might be quite futile. i have the same problem, only i had just started Windows, the sound kicks in for my Soundblaster Platinum, and the speakers (and Sub) just cut right out. I cannot turn on the LED light to green. Only Red remains, and when i engage it (push it in), the LED simply turns off. Ive checked, checked again, and rechecked all wiring to my computer, as well as different electrical outlets. Does this sound (forgive the lame pun) like a connection problem? ... or maybe a blown fuse inside the Sub ?

As well, if it is a blown sub fuse, is it something i could replace ? ... or so i have to ship cross country?

Thanks,

Ryp

------------------

"Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them ..."

Same problem here too as Ryptide. Used the speakers for about a week. Sounded awesome. Then I went to turn on my PC this morning and no sound. Looked at the light on the control pod speaker and it's red. But I also noticed it's in the ON position and not OFF (RED). When I turned it off, the light went off. Do I need to send these back? Frown.gif

Erich