Questions about the new 5.1 setup

gku929

I'm currently a owner of the Klipsch 4.1's (previously the v2.400's, but with the new preamp), got them the first day they came out. A great set, excellent for a PC.

As we all know, the 4.1 setup is analog, will the 5.1's be basically a 4.1 with a centre channel and an upped sub?

My 4.1's right now produce lots of hissing, a characteristics of all analogs.

Thanks to those that reply.

George

I'm not certain, but I think there is a new kind of amp or something. I know it is a larger amp, which makes sense since there is an extra channel and more sub to power.

The drivers actually look diffrent then the old ones, I can't tell from the picture, but I think that the sat woofers are diffrent.

Another thing that is diffrent is the quality of the cabling, it is a lower gauge.

Speaking of wire, the speakers are now loaded with spring clips so you can upgrade the speaker wire on your own.

------------------

I like sounds.

all speakers are analog!

the reason why speakers without the included digital decoder (what you mean by "analog" speakers) have more of a tendency to hiss than their "digital" counterparts is due to the soundcards being of relatively poor quality compared with the digital decoders included in the "digital speaker" packages, and also because of the wrong settings a lot of people use in their soundcard settings.

i have the promedia v2.400 (earlier version of the 4.1) and i have no hissing with my sb live!. a matter of settings!

a speaker is the box that transforms an ANALOG electrical signal into acoustic energy. what you are talking about are digital speaker systems, which include, apart from the analog amp and speakers, a decoder that takes the digital signal out of your soundcard and decodes it into an analog signal which it feeds to the amp.

so the signal is always going to end up being analog to the amp and speakers. it's a good thing, because us humans can only hear analog signals...

cwm1.gif