Configuring KSW-12 with SP-1s

Lourenco

This was posted in another area but got no answers. I first bought the KSW-12 and then later came across the SP-1s for a great deal that i felt i could not pass up. I got them cheaper then i could get the SF-2s which is what i at first wanted. But now I am struggling to find the optimal way to set these up both positioning and connecting. I dont know if i should run the speaker wire to the subwoofer first and then out to the fronts from the sub or should i utilize the LFE out on my receiver to the fronts and/or the subwoofer. I am also having trouble finding a good spot for the sub. There is no available corner to put them in being that my projection screen is caddycornered. Any advice that you could give would be well appreciated altho i am sure you guys aer sick of us newbs posing these questions regarding stereo components that are already yesterday. I am sure i will be upgrading to the reference 7 series when they go out of style and the next line is in but its all the wallet can handle.

If you don't get a lot of replies, it may be because there's few folks on the forum with powered towers such as the SP series. That introduces a little more complexity when you try to connect a separate sub also.

As far as old-school speakers, I'd bet 80% of the frequent posters in this forum have speakers far older than your SP's!!

well what i meant by speakers of yesterday meant speakers that have gone out of style... by no means did i mean the classics... basically i am a wannabee audiophile trying to learn the ropes and maximize the output from what i have..