LaScalas in the attic

Myhamish

Finally, (gasp) after months of trying to talk someone into helping me move the LaScalas up into the attic, I found a volunteer. Paddy's son, JK, helped me(wrecked knee and all) and we got them up two flights of steep stairs and around several corners into the attic of our Victorian house. This is where I keep my computers and generally hide out from doing the dishes.

Right now, I've got them hooked up to the Denon cd player, pre-amp and HK power amp instead of the Cornwalls. They're set up on the long knee wall with a trunk that shelves all the gear in between. This is directly behind where I'm sitting, so it's kind of like a large set of black headphones. I'll post a pix later.

What's playing right now is the group MaUmba - cd -"Don't Hold Your Breath" - tracks - "The Selkie" and "Heaven Scent" - which are vocal tracks. For the unacquainted, MacUmba is very good piping with conga line drum section. There's is also a very good female vocalist. The best rocking pipe track is "Damp Carpet".

No wonder I'm in the attic - sound is a little closer to heaven too. Hamish