Low frequency distortions from amp

bigjones

Hello!

I just purchased my Promedia 4.1s two weeks ago. So far, the performance has been acceptable for speakers this size, however, as of late, the amp or the preamp induces harmonic distortions into the mid-bass frequencies in the satellites. When playing music that hits certain frequencies, around 100hz or so, I can hear distortion satellites. I have tried different sources (as well as other recordings/albums) and those yield the same results. The distortion occurs at all gain levels. I can also fade the source from center to left, yet still hear the distortion in the right speakers. The same is true when I fade from center to right. That is why I think it is the amp or preamp. This problem does not affect the subwoofer.

The problem will not occur if I unplug the subwoofer overnight, and plug it back in during the morning. I believe it may be a problem with heat build up or something (even though they are turned off). After being plugged in but left off for several hours, I will return and hear the distortion in the 100hz range. The back of the subwoofer is warm to the touch, but not anything like a space heater, as some have described.

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong? I still have some time left to return them to the retailer

Thanks,

BJ

i have the same problem to, the sub is all heated up, and i can hear rumbles form the satellites (all of them) when they try to play bass and from the syb to.

Should i return them and get new ones??

------------------

Who needs one??