WOW!!!

scotbuck

Greetings folks,

About a month ago I asked advice on what to get for a 10wpc amp. I'll be heeding that advice when I move into a new - and much larger - home several months from now. But I wanted to rave a bit about some speakers I purchased today for the condo: a pair of 1984 kg-4's.

I'm AMAZED at how these little guys sound! I've been hearing subtle musical details (such as the trumpet work on Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue") that even my Lowthers couldn't get. And for such small speakers, I'm really suprized at the extended - and detailed - bass response.

I'll keep you posted on my "big-Klipsch" search in the coming months. But for right now ... man, I'm a happy lad!!! 9.gif9.gif9.gif

Take care for now,

Scott

Greetings,

"Sleeper" is a good term to describe these speakers. I gave them a try simply because the Heresy and Heresy II speakers at the shop were already sold; I really wasn't expecting to be so knocked out by their performance. Microdynamic detail - something I'd gotten used to with my old Lowthers - was abundant, along with silky highs and a fairly lush midrange. Bass extension and detail were superb as well (although no real "slam" factor with only 10wpc to work with...)

I also noticed something else... I found myself tapping my toes a lot more than I have been in quite some time. So I'd have to say that, beyond any technical explanation, these speakers are simply very musically "involving". And what more could a music lover ask for???

I suspect that when I get the monster-sized Klipsch speakers after I move, I'll still be able to use the kg-4's - mated with a good 100wpc solid state amp - for 2-channel home theatre.

At any rate, it's easy now to see why Klipsch speakers of all different varieties have such a fanatical following. They really are THAT good! 1.gif

Take care,

Scott