Anyone seen a Pioneer 643HD5 big screen?

Thumpelstiltskin

----------------

On 10/4/2004 12:28:38 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Costco has a Pioneer 64" tv for $2000. I'm hoping someone here can tell me if it's a good deal. Has anyone seen it or had any experience with this big screen? Also, is 64" too big when sitting 10 to 11 feet away? Any help would be appreciated.

----------------

As far as size, you'll be fine if you're 10 feet away. It may be a little big, but better too big than too little. Now, as to the TV itself, well, that one you'll have to answer on your own. Here's a link to a review:

http://www.hometheatermag.com/rearprojectiontvs/110/index4.html

For $2300, you could get the Mitsubishui WS-65315, and its a MUCH nicer TV, IMHO. Just my 2 cents.

I am close to purchasing a Toshiba 65" for about $2400 whih has the HD Tuner built in. Without the HD tuner it's about $2000.I looked at LCD and DLP sets and I just could't pull the trigger for that much money. Instead I'm putting my money into the audio system.

I saw an Open Box Sony 57" at Best Buy yesterday and it was $1500 No HD Tuner but you can buy these for about $200.

Good Luck