Phoenix cable vs sound king

Masterjwu

Hi Guys,

I need about 100ft of speaker wire for my new Klipsh system.

someone says buy 2 of PHOENIX GOLD M-1250 Super Oxygen Free Copper 12-Gauge Speaker Cable is a good buy because it's only about $42 with free shipping.

other says the sound king 12 GA SOUND KING SPKR WIRE 100' is a also a good choice $37.5 plus $10.58 shipping.

per your experience, which one is better quality since the price is almost the same?

thanks in advance

Never heard Sound King (kind of a tacky name if you ask me), but I run Pheonix Gold wiring for my entire competition automotive setup, and it's effortless power easily blows the hinges off other peoples' would-be setups. But that's not to say that at low to moderate volumes, the sound isn't just as pleasing. Crisp, responsive, and smooth. Sure to please. A true winner. Most people in the industry know Pheonix Gold. Not many know Sound King. At least, I sure as hell don't. Pheonix Gold all the way.

Well even though audioholics is a pretty reputable site, remember that all things pertaining to sound are subjective. I particularly do not agree with their recommendation of the Yamaha universal player. Nor do I agree with their recommendation of the very low-level Monster powerbar strip. To each his own, my man. Do what your heart desires. Go where the spirit takes you. At the end of the day, as the cowboys ride into the sunset, I'm sure the Sound King stuff would sound fine, and maybe only if you had dog ears could you tell the difference, but I'm just stating my personal opinion...which is to go with the bird that rises from the ashes of the dead, and that happens to be the color one notch above silver, one below platinum.