Need help with Synergy SS-1

alorie00

I just moved to a new house and everything is bigger except for my living room where my home theatre is set up. I have a pair of Synergy SS-1's and I don't know how/where to put them. The room size is approximately 10 ft by 20 ft. and my sofa goes against the back wall. The side walls are too far to place my speakers on. What should I do? Where can I put these speakers? I'm concerned that if I wall-mount the speakers on the back wall that I won't get the right surround effect and obviously my wife is concerned with the look of these rather large speakers mounted on the back wall.

Are there any alternative(smaller) Klipsch speakers that I should look into that maybe I can mount on the back wall?

Please help!

Thanks,

Albert

what about some SB?

they are as big as some SS but you can point them to the listening area.

you can may be buy some SS5 or 2 SC5 they are small and not very expansive.

if it was for me i ll buy 2 SF1 else 2SC1 or SB1 and if your wife really don t want some big speakers take some SC5.

Al klappenberger built a set of really cheap and interesting stands for his surround speakers, here is a picture of them. They are built using a weighted base and tube from a halogen floor lamp. A piece of plywood provides a platform for the base of the speaker. Using a foam or rubber strip under the speaker will ensure that it does not fall off. Of course, you could always screw them on as well.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=41543&forumID=71&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={6F794B81-F3DB-4E48-969E-82954619E25A}}