Just Bought a 4.1 Need some Help!!!

Toby04

Hi there...I lived in Canada,Ontario....i just found a store that carried KLIPSCH and i bought a new Promedia 4.1 for good price.My question is i need some tips on these speakers...1.First in the manual said u need to put the Subwoofer at least 10"--> its that mean 10 feet or inch?, its okay if i put under my desk?. 2. I need some tip adjust the Volume Control on speaker and Volume control in the window for best position?. 3. I heard that the preamp will get hot if u leave too long ..so if i just switch off and the Led light still on..its that mean off or i have to unplug the cord?. Sorry about that...If u guyz know any tips or the good way to handle thsese speaker and the best way. Thank slot!

Toby: "= inches..I have my sub under the desk about 6" from the wall(space considerations)- it works fine. The only way to fully power off is to unplug from the amp. You don't say what kind of sound card you are using. Do you have a 4 channel card? I have the sub set at about 10 o'clock, the surround at full, main volume at about 12 o'clock-but, I use the volume control on my Santa Cruz sound card, and winamp to mainly control volume. Hope this helps....mag