Biwiring RF-3s(more)

PaulE

Tonight I biwired my RF3s. I wasnt expecting much, but since I had been using 16 gauge generic and wanted to go to something better, I thougtht this was a good chance...So I bought a cheap length of Ixos 6004 biwire...this cable features 13 gauge for the woofers, and 15 gauge for the tweeters. But I wasnt sure which terminals on the speakers were for which....I guessed that the uppermost terminals were the tweeter terminals, so I gave them the thinner cables, with the thicker 2 going to the bottom most...Is this the correct terminal configuration?

Anyway, the results were sensational...Immediately there was improvement in every facet of the sound....I'm still not convinced that it was the biwire, and could just have easily been the increased thickness....I'd love to know what OVERALL gauge I have when I combine the 13 and the 15 awg cables that comprised the biwire cable?

Also, I want more cable for my surrounds...Rather than buying a new heavier gauge run, I think I'll run another length of the same 16 awg cable I'm using now...So, I will have 2 x 16 gauge twisted together...Do you know how to figure the combined AWG when combining thicknesses?

Thanks.