Broken phase switch on a KSW-12

Marathon Man

Yesterday I pulled out of the attic my old KSW-12 to connect to a smaller system in my bedroom. I noticed that the phase switch is broken off at the toggle. Must have brushed it against something :( .. Anyway to make a long story short the sub will not play. Thinking that the swtich must be stuck in the middle between 0 and 180 I was able to reproduce this on another klipsch sub. If I carefully position the switch between the two settings the sub will indeed stop playing. I have taken off the back plane, and it looks like The switch will have to be replaced, but that does not look as easy as it sounds. Is suspect that the repair would be to replace the back plane. I was wondering:

1. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Does anyone know if that collar around the toggle is removeable. This would allow me to maybe flip the toggle to either position to get the sub to play.

I will post this out on the technical questions board also. I thought I would take a chance to see if anyone else had the same problems first.

Hey, I think I may have the same problem with my KSW 15". I was dumbfounded as to what the problem is. I bought mine used and the switch on the toggle was broken off when I received it. It worked fine originally, but all of a sudden it started cutting out and eventually stopped working all together. If you did find a solution, please let me know so I can give it a try. You can email me at rmodica44@hotmail.com. Thanks.