Do it yourselfer

Northshore

Well, I did it. I searched and searched for a center stand for my RC 7 and could not justify the cost so I decided I could build it myself. I had quite a bit of MDF remaining from the built ins I had removed for the theater room project. With the right pieces and some 2 1/2 inch drywall screws it turned into a fairly substantial center stand. As far as finishing goes I first used wood putty for all the screw recesses and the joints. Next, I sanded and primed the stand with Kilz and then spray textured over the entire piece. The final phase I will paint it an accent color to flow with the theme of the room. In the end I hope it turns out as I expected.

I know the feeling. I built my TV stand when I bought the 35" Mitsubishi I used to have. I was determined to be able to place my KG2.2v center below the TV and stands that will hold a speaker of that size are hard to find. Made it from particle board with a hand circular saw, primed it with Kilz and painted it black. Today it holds my 36" Toshiba and RC-7.