the new CP-1 upgrade

smokejag

Has anyone got this upgrade? If so was it worth it? I just got my v2-400's a couple of days ago, and now im reading about this new upgrade and I dont really want to spend another $50 especially if it doesent change anything other then add headphone port and on/off switch. the power switch would be nice but not work $50 to me. If it improves the overall soundquality, then i would buy it. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.

My advice is buy it and see what you think. The CP-1 has a higher gain and will make the Pros seem much louder. Also, the "on/off" switch isn't really that, it's just a speaker input mute, which is basically the same thing. If you're worried about power drainage, the Promedia sub hardly uses any power at all. Personally, when I purchased the CP-1, I noticed a difference in sound quality vs. the old preamp.

You can aways return it if you don't like it or don't think it serves your needs.