Back speakers not working

Coleman4i

Ok, i have the Klispch v2-400s and my back two speakers won't work. They will work when i switch the front speaker plug to the back speaker plug on my CPU but they won't both work at the same time. I have a Creative Soundblaster LIVE! 5.1 X-Gamer.. Please help

Coleman,

Go to the Creative Audio HQ and check your speaker settings, on mine its called Creative Surround Mixer. Make sure you have your speaker selection set to 4 speakers. If it is set to 2 speakers the rears won't play. There is also a test button on this dialog box that will test each speaker channel.

The_Shark

Coleman,

That only leaves a couple more possibilities. Did you check the front/rear fade control on the Creative mixer? Is rear speaker plug plugged in to correct jack on the sound card (front = green and rear = black). Do any other speakers work when connected to the rear channel? If all the settings are correct and another set of speakers don't play when connected to the rear channel you might have a bum sound card.

The_Shark