Klipschorns in a room with clipped ceilings

I'm surprised no one has replied yet.

Technically the position of all the walls and ceilings will affect the sound in the room. This can be both in positive and negative ways, so it's hard to just give a global response to that.

Having non-parallel surfaces in a room actually will reduce the some resonances, so many will see this ceiling as a good thing. In reality it's more complex than that and it may not help you with worse room modes. Angled surfaces also make it harder to predict the modes.

As for the speaker itself, the Klipshorn uses the bottom portion of your wall as the extension of it's bass horn and it's frequency response shouldn't be affected by the angled portions of your cabinet.

In other words, I don't think it's better or worse than any other similarly sized room.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Just browsing thru and saw your post. I am building a very similiar room that is 23 X 23 with clip at 6ft. I will have K-horns in the front with a Belle center and Belle rears. I was curious of the same thing. I am going the extra mile with soundproofing the room with foam insulation and floating walls, ceiling, and floor.

Have you installed and tested your room yet? How does it sound? Also, I read the other response from Rob. Are you saying that the walls in your room are not tall enough to accomadate your horns?

Rick

The Khorn will be very snug and I could reframe the side walls to six feet without much problem. I am going to add another layer of sub floor with green glue.

I got a nice case of sticker shock with the quotes I have received, so I going to take my time and do it myself, except subbing the drywall and electrical. I am estimating a four month project.