PromediaUltra 5.1 worked for 3 hrs, then died !!

Hi....

the subject says it. I got my Promedia ultra today, hooked it up, rocked out a bit,then was playing it at mid volume levels for awhile, and mid-song it just stopped. The LED still works, and my sound card ( standard integrated Dell card - soundmax) has no error symbols, so I'm stumped. I did uninstall it and reboot, but no luck.

Is there a fuse I blew? Any ideas for initial troubleshooting?

Thanks!

-Nimbus

Yeah,

I just hooked up my old HP speakers, and they work fine. It is strange. Everything looks ok, but no sound. The controller has the LED display, and I can even hear a little "click" in the subwoofer box when I fire up power. Does anyone know if there is an internal fuse I could've somehow blown? Should I try Klipsch tech support? Does it exist? Ideas??????

Thanks!

Nimbus

Yeah,

I called Klipsch tech support. He had me plug in my other speakers to my headphone jack (I don't have headphones), and they worked fine. He said that means the amp in the speakers is bad.

I called dell, and they're shipping out new ones right away, then I'll send these back (no charge). They were VERY good. My rep lives in India. Yeah, speakers made in china. Consumer (me) lives in america.

Funny that they worked for 3 hours. That isn't typical for electronic devices. Perhaps just a bad chip, or bad internal connection that heated up I suppose. Better now than after the warranty expires. Klipsch would've fixed them too, but dell is much faster.

-Nimbus