v.2-400's with Sony MHC-NX1

cjsturgess

Hey,

I'm looking to add the two speakers from my Sony MHC-NX1 system (Mini component system) to my existing v.2-400 setup. This is in a dorm room, and I've got limited desk space to work with, but I'm thinking of mounting my two rear Klipschs in the back corners of the room and then have the two big speakers from the Sony on the desk on either side of the monitor with the two front Klipschs on the front sides.

Now, if that setup sounds like it would work, then my next problem is how to hook up the speakers. I've got a MX300 in my computer right now, and the two outputs are obviously being used by the Klipschs. I guess I could use a Y-connector to split one of the outputs so I could use it to go to the right/left input on the component system, and then the other for the corresponding Klipsch speaker pair. Would that work? Comments? Thanks.

- Chris

I have a ton of MP3's, so I have this stereo that only use sparingly for CD's. I thought instead of just leaving it sitting there, I could add it to my exsisting configuration. As for being magnetically shielded, I have no clue. I will check to see, I bet that putting them next to my computer and monitor might not be the best thing if the speakers aren't shielded.

it would be very bad indeed.

as far as adding the speakers to your existing configuration, i wouldn't recommend it. the speakers wouldn't blend well with the pro's satellites. seems to me like you want to do soemthing complicated for limited benefits...

neways, it's your call, but please heck whether the speakers area magnetically shielded, and if you don't know, assume they are not.