Got the iFi's

I'll write up a formal review in a few days. Initial impressions:

RSX-3's are impressive and mimic the 4's and 5's quite well.

The subwoofer is a lot like the SWS with more cabinet volume and a much better driver. One thing that I like a lot about the system is how well the sub blends. Initially you may think its kind of weak because its actually linear with the speakers at default volume. It ends up sounding very transparent and smooth and there is absolutly no port noise to be heard even at high volumes. When you crank it up, you'll be reminded of its SWS/Reference heritage coming together with elegance. This system leaves all other ipod systems in the dust + some.

I have the older 2.1s to do a comparison too, but I wish I still had my SWS. I also have the other RSXs to take some pictures against.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 9:49:46 PM bjorn_s wrote:

I also purchased the iFi's today at CompUSA...even though I usually avoid the store. But they obviously have made some upgrades and the place looks much nicer. Two sets of iFi's....none on display. Manager says for that kind of money they wouldn't have them set up. But right next to the boxes is a $2400 Apple LCD on display....lol.

----------------

3000 dollars buddy...

or 1499

or 799

Wow, this subwoofer is clean! Its a bit of a deception because unlike the ultra's there is not +dB gains that reduce with overall volume. In other words, with the ultra's you could not turn up the bass to 15 past certain volume level along with the center and rears. It was some sort of power borrow scheme that totaled to 80. So for example, if the volume was at 70, you got 10 extra shared between the sub and rears any way you want. So to get the bass max on this system you have to turn it up nearly all the way but the bass does not back off like it did in the ultras so it gets very loud! I unplugged the sats and this thing hit a little harder than my old SWS , a bit cleaner and deeper too. There was absolutely no distortion so far. This is very impressive 8" subwoofer. I think Klipsch has perfected the port even further, I can't hear any port noise. This is yet another evolutionary step from the older promedia design.

Jay, you got to hear this thing in a bedroom! WHOA! Its nice!