Help with Crossover Setup

Haccord03

The setup of my AVR-2105 continues...I broke down and bought a RC-25 today as my center, making the full system being: RB-35/RC-25/Fortes. Now I'm wondering how I should set the x-over frequency, since the speaker ratings spread from: FORTES---32Hz-20kHz±3dB RC-25------69Hz-20kHz ±3dB RB-35-----45Hz-20kHz ±3dB Right now I have it set at 80Hz and its almost like the Fortes don't have the bass they should at all. With my old receiver they boomed with bass. Thanks for any help!1.gif

Do you have a subwoofer? For starters you need to make sure your mains are set to large, and then the crossover frequency doesn't matter. If you dont' have a subwoofer, then you need to tell your reciever that you don't and then the LFE channel will get sent to the mains as well (depends on the reciever though).

If you have a sub, the THX standard is to just go with an 80Hz crossover...it doesn't matter if your mains can go lower if you have a good sub to fill in the bottom end.