woofer not woofing

jeffrey

i recently built an amd 1.333mhz system with 256mb ddr ram. i had windows ME and my klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers were working great. to make a long story short; i formatted the hard drive and installed windows98 then windowsME over that. now the subwoofer will not work. i don't think that this has anything to do with the onboard sound on my asus a7m266 motherboard. it's probably something simple that i'm overlooking.

any ideas as to how i can get that subwoofer to woof, again?

(i really like the promedia 2.1 system.)

- jeff

try the promedia bb

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 35"tv

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!(RSW-15 LOOKIN'GOOD!)

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Don't know the interconnect details for these components. The subwoofer is hooked to the promedias, and they are hooked to the computer, correct? If they are working, you are correct in assuming nothing you did to your computer would make any difference to the subwoofer. Is the subwoofer on its own power? Sometimes when I move stuff around I get the plug strips and on/off switches messed up.

thank you for the effort, but as it turned out, the subwoofer had simply quit on me. i took it back to the retailer, and they gave me one that worked.

i don't recall reading it anywhere in the user directions, but i think that these subwoofers can get very hot (feel the rear panel after it's been on for awhile.)if not placed in a well ventilated area. i'm thinking that that was maybe a reason why the first one quit on me. just guessing on that one, but it makes sense.

- jeff