The Devil's Rejects

nuclearay

I haven't been to an actual real-live movie theater in ages but one of the "younger" fellows was transferring to another school in another city... like we needed an excuse to go out, drink adult beverages, and bond by watching violence.

Interestingly, I had to find the theater manager about 30 seconds into the movie: in his words, "We have a DTS board that's about to crap out." As there were only four other people in the theater, I doubt anyone else would have even noticed.

For those who don't know, this was Rob Zombie's sequel to "House of 1000 Corpses". (one of my all-time favorite horror flicks and a favorite for when Halloween comes around)

This was one of the most sick, twisted, demented, sadistic, tortuous movies I have ever seen. Oh yeah, I was loving every minute of it.11.gif

The plot was... well actually this one had a plot as opposed to the first one. The acting -- over the top. Dialogue and music: top-notch.

For the first time in decades I was able to tolerate Skynrd's "Free Bird"16.gif

"well actually this one had a plot as opposed to the first one."

blah. House of a thousand corpses was excellent, this movie was lacking in decent cinematography , decent direction, writing, plot, pacing... I'm still trying to figure out if Rob Zombie got lucky with HOATC, or if Devils Reject was just a mistake.