White Van Tangents?

Lurch

Here's some Tangent T500s you should AVOID on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Floor-Standing-Speaker_W0QQitemZ5810926221QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I sent the seller an e-mail regarding several inaccuracies in his description:

Hi,

I think you need to check on your claim that these sold for $1100 a piece in 1995.

First, they were only built from 1991-1993 per Klipsch's website.

I could not find an MSRP, but the Tangent series was only sold in black and was supposed to be cheaper versions of the Heritage series.

In this case, the Tangent 500 used the same drivers as the older Forte 1, but with the passive radiator located on the front baffle. The Forte IIs sold for $1300 per pair back then. So, I would guess that these speakers went for $1100 per pair as opposed to each. There is no way that these would have cost $1100 each, when you could have gotten a pair of the superior Forte II for $1300.

vr,

Jeff

To which he replied:

Thanks for the question? I am not sure where you are getting your info or even how much you know about klipsch speakers but I am a Klipsch fan and these are the only speakers I deal with. You may have been able to purchase a pair of Cerwin Vegas back then for that price but you would not have been able to purchase the Forte IIs and by the way let me a make a correction they are not superior to these T500 in no way. You may want to do some more research or maybe a set of Cerwin Vegas will be better. So to answer your guestion you can get a new set of Klipsch for 1100 or 1300 but nothing in comparison to these.

So I added:

My price for the Forte II is from my Oct 1992 issue of Audio magazine. I used that year because the T500 was actually available new from dealers in that year.

My data about the Forte 1 and T500 similarities can be checked online at Klipsch:

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=113&s=specs

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=113&s=specs

But, I certainly hope that you paid $2300 (or is it $2200...since you also claim that you paid $1100 per speaker?) in 1995 for a discontinued model, when you could have bought brand new La Scalas for $1956 (per Audio magazine Oct 94 issue).

But since you're such a Klipsch expert, I must have got it all wrong and the T500s are far more valuable than the La Scalas.

Lurch,

You can relax. as you probably already know, the Tangent series is not either a widely known

speaker. He will be lucky, just to sell them at all.................some folks just don't want to hear the

truth when confronted with it.............

In addition he is making buyers have a Paypal account, which lots of folks won't do.........

He will be Lucky if he gets bids over 300.00.............

I know I probably should relax, but I hate it when folks claim that the list price is some outrageous amount to try and get others who are less knowledgable to pay an exorbitant sum for their audio goods. Similarly, I see folks on audiogon who purchased an item 5 years ago, but want to claim the current (much higher) MSRP for their item.

It bothers me.....

And then, this jerk claims that I'm the ignorant one....

And, he didn't post the issue on his auction.