Where to find rubber grill inserts for use in custom speaker cabinets?

vanderrg

I'm having a home built and the bonus room will be used for home theater...a friend of mine is going to be building cabinets to frame the screen and house the speakers. We'd like to have the speakers sitting in the cabinet with their native grills off but have larger, removeable grills designed to fit the front of the cabinets. Anyway we'd like these grills to be removeable using the regular rubber dowel inserts like the native speaker grills have, but I can't find ANYWHERE that sells those. I wonder if anyone out there knows where we can get them...

I'll try to insert a PDF here of the cabinet design so you can see what I'm talking about...

Thanks in advance-

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I tried many attempts to post a response, but unfortunately the software would not let me. Parts Express, Madisound, and Solen are some companies that sell a male & female grill connector, for the smooth look, you could even use magnets.

Parts express also carries a few different types and styles of grill cloth, this may be handy in building the custom grills.