Speaker Matching KG3.5 for HT

wvbrad

I have a pair of KG3.5's for front speakers that I'm going to power

with a Pioneer vsx52 and I need a center speaker, 2 rear's, and a

sub-woofer. My room is pretty small, about 12' x 18'.

I listen to 50% music and 50% video.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some speakers that will match what I have?

Thanks!

Brad

I'm not looking for the cheapest speaker set, but a good match to the 3.5's especially for the center. I have a small room, so even the 2.5's for rears would be too big. What about the SS1's or SS.5's for rears?

Would the KV1 or 2 be a good center speaker match for the 3.5's? Are any of the newer centers a better match? I have heard that the center speaker is the most important when matching to front speakers.

What about the sub? Would a KSW10 be a better choice than the Synergy 10?

Thanks again!

Brad

the newer centers would not be a good match. If you go to "products" / "discontinued" you can see that the other KG series are the matching speakers for your 3.5s. by matching, they mean that the internals and speakers will sound the same or similar to the existing, which the newer speakers will not do.

so, check out e-bay or this forum for some good shape used KGs, and match your system up and save some $.

for a sub, I'd go with as much as you can afford. in my case, I may have gone a bit big, but I do not regret it a bit.

if you're interested in a KV-2 center, I have one, liked it, but found the Academy to be a better match for my Fortes.

PM me if you are interested, the KV-2 is black, in the original box in my basement right now. I am in 06092 zip code.