Can somebody help me diagnose and repair my 4.1's?

Clarence

I have been lurking for 6 months, Amy, although apologetic, said they will not help with my 4.1.s, only wants to sell me a part on speculation that it will work. Right front is out, others and sub are fine. I have looked at cables and din plug, all are good. Do I start by taking apart the sub or the controlller? Thanks in advance for the help! I really miss the sound of these, and dont want to replace them. I am not very mechanically savvy, though I have re-soderd a connection on an old pair of KLH's....

All that said, upon looking over your situation, I wonder if perhaps a new preamp would solve the problems you are having. If a channel goes out, and the problem is not with the source (soundcard), then the problem could be with the preamp (volume controller), or with the channel in the subwoofer. The only way to determine this for sure is to swap out parts. If you'd like to try a new preamp, and it does not solve the problem, you are welcome to return it for a full refund. You can purchase one of these here : http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=763

Help please!

• Moderators

Probably the single most common reason one channel is out on the 4.1s is because one of the stereo mini plugs has come slightly loose from the soundcard. This will cause one channel to work because the tip of the plug is still making a connection.

I should've suggested this first--I apologize I didn't think of it. Could that have been the problem?

It's always a good idea to unplug everything then reconnect before you think the worst!

[:)]