Turntable ? Gemini XL-500II NOT GETTING GOOD SOUND QUALITY would a Bellari vp 129 tube help

If you've been listening to digital sources and switch over to LP's, they do tend to sound flat. That's because compared to most CD's, they have a limited frequency range and tend to roll off the high end. That isn't necessarily bad, it's just a difference you need to be aware of when you start listening.

If you've been listening to digital sources and switch over to LP's, they do tend to sound flat. That's because compared to most CD's, they have a limited frequency range and tend to roll off the high end.

Yowser ....!!!!!

them vinyl guys are gonna get you, Leper..........[+o(]

Since I'm a vinyl guy too, they can try. Young people who are used to listening to CD's on solid state equipment usually need to take some time listening to vinyl to get used to the overall sound before they can start hearing some of the more subtle differences.

Part of the problem, too, is that so much of the vinyl is used and you have no idea how it was played before, and I often end up with used records that have been damaged by the previous user. The biggest danger is that someone new to vinyl will think that they need to spend $10,000 for a high end turntable and cartridge. LP's are just like CD's-- The source material ranges from crap to crystal with a strong emphasis on the crap side, and much of the sport is finding good source material.

The biggest danger is that someone new to vinyl will think that they need to spend $10,000 for a high end turntable and cartridge. LP's are just like CD's-- The source material ranges from crap to crystal with a strong emphasis on the crap side, and much of the sport is finding good source material.

My experience is that you need much more money to get CD's to sound as good as LP's... But, to do LP's correctly takes knowlege in matching the technical aspects of table/arm/cartridge, Mechanical skill and patience in proper setup and care of the LP (record cleaning machine etc). When done successfully, you are rewarded with an engaging and , sometimes, an emotional experience. One that I have never experienced with CD's.

To me the question for someone getting started is, Do you have enough LP's to merit spending the money and the learning curve for proper LP playback?

As for analog playback, the user has the ability to roll their own to find that combination that's more dynamic with much more inner detail and better imaging and with just the right tone/balance for your system and preferences. CD's pretty much lock you in.

I like both formats for their individual strengths and weaknesses. In the end - give me analog. I guess I'm just showing my age. The [O] ticking! (I hate that)

I have about 100 LP's and miss listening to the old stuff. So what I need to know is for what I have for equipment what do I need as far as a cartridge and a phono amp to at least get some good sound not great just good.

I really don't get the volume I need through this amp

Looking for guidance on specific stuff I need to get to have something decent.

Or do I need to look at a different turntable?