Bluetooth audio "patch cable"

Gospel

Hi all,

I have a set of Sharper Image noise cancelling headphones. The headphoens has a built-in 1/8 jack for a patch cable instead of having a cable permantly attached. It came with a very thin, lightweight audio patch cable. Well, this cable is great except it always gets wrapped around the arm of my computer chair. When I move my chair or lean over, the cable gets pulled out from the headpones.

Is there a wireless bluetooth device that I can use instead of an audio cable? It would be nice if the device acted like a flash drive in that the pair of devices connected directly to the headphone out of my comptuer and audio in of my headphones. A USB device that attaches tot he computer would be OK too.

Does such a beast exist?

Thanks,

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

logitech has the iPod bluetooth headphone but that is for the ipod....

There are wireless headphones out there....

I would buy a headphone extender from partsexpress.com for i believe 2.99 15 feet more of the 1/8 mini stereo jack. I have two and they work great with no sound degration.....

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a specific solution but from what you are indicating...the solution would not have to be blue tooth if there are patch cable jacks avail. an option may be to look into a wireless transmitter/reciver arrangement that basiclly offers to connect rear speakers wirelessly. I have seen these at many retail outlets, but for your need, you would have to hunt down a very miniture unit.