Adcom 860 Pre amp being replaced by an Arcam AVP 700

Northshore

I have owned the Adcom 860 for about a year now and it has been replaced with a new one after 4 months of service for a complete loss of sound,and currently in the shop for a loss of Bass signal. This time it has been down for about 1 month after being sent back to the Service center for a board replacement. Although my audio equipment is not a heart/lung machine and is not critical to my survival, I do notice when I do not have it working properly. Enter a quick E-mail to my installer/dealer from which I had purchased this Pre Amp, a 7607 amp and several other components informing him of my situation. Without missing a beat he felt my pain, put distance between himself and Adcom and offered me FULL credit for the 860 towards something else. In my case I have on order an Arcam AVP700 to go in the place left vacant by the 860. Obviously I did not expect such above and beyond customer service but I am happy to have an option such as this. I went with the Arcam based on not only his recommendation but that of many reviews all favorable. If anyone has had experience with the Arcam line I would appreciate the comments.

• 3 weeks later...

adcom equipment is awesome...sorry and surprised you are having problems.

resale value of used adcom equipment is very high.

adcom equipment is awesome...sorry and surprised you are having problems. resale value of used adcom equipment is very high.

I am as well, this has been my first experience with Adcom and with separates in general and I am absolutely sold on the Pre/Pro concept. I can say that when the Adcom is functioning properly it is an excellent piece of equipment. I have the 7607 Adcom amp that has performed flawlessly and I intend on keeping it in service for my theater. The opportunity to move up a bit and try the Arcam has me intrigued and I will file a report once I have it online and functioning.