Klipsch La Scala

Hello,

I note that the fixing of the woofer k33e N '' is not really good with the 4 screws of origin.

It is necessary absolutely that casse either perfectly seals so that the k33e functions perfectly.

There are escapes of air!!! It is necessary to re-examine the joint of the woofer and especially to fix with 8 screws.

I realized of that by making a test with my generator BF and one clearly hears the escapes of made air that as that (fwuit fwuit fwuit) On my Scala I have just re-examined the assembly of the k33e and I note a great improvement of the low register.

With this type of assembly it is very important that the enclosure is quite tight.

A great improvement is also the modification of the base which is not rigid adze.

A new assembly and a base in multiplexing of 44mm return the sound even just.

I thank Klipsch to have made super enclosures and ALK for the networks of great quality.

The sound of my Scala is really very good.

Hello in all the world of Belgium.

Pierre Friart.

correct you are sir, I have noticed that as well.

and I so dig this expression (fwuit fwuit fwuit) sounds like Frank Zappa lyrics. DrWho will love this description, he will add it to his other vocabulary of strange noises.

Michael

Hello,

It is an expression to explain what I heard by making the test with my generator BF.

With 16HZ one clearly listens to a noise of escape which make me think of writing fff fff fffI fixed my k33e with 8 screws re-examined the joint of the woofer and now it nor has more buit FF FF FF.

The quality of the sound is really better.

Cordially and well the hello? from Belgium.

Pierre Friart.

as a general tip

if you ever have to remove the k-33 or k-43 in the lascala, best bet is to lay the lascala on its face (rug, couple of towels, etc).

this helps prevent slipping of the driver during re-install and damage to the screw inserts when the first screw goes in or the last screw comes out.