Picture Freezing

I just recently built a new house and installed Direct Tv, I'm running four boxes, two are dvr's and the one in the bedroom a HD dvr. I'm having a glitch on this last one. The picture keeps freezing on me, only for a few seconds, picture freezes and sound goes out and then comes back to normal, there is no break up of picture during that time just a freeze, any ideas where to start with this problem, the other boxes do not seem to have this problem, Thanks.

move the bad box to another room and try it.

move one of the good boxes to the bad room and try it.

report back with findings.

In my experience, DirecTV SUCKS.

I had a similar problem. When customer "service" finally acknowledged that the problem was with their signal rather than my equipment, I told them that I refused to pay for a crappy signal. Their response was that they would be happy to disconnect me if I was dissatisfied with their service!

I pulled the plug & they continued to try to charge me for another two months.

Of course, DirecTV is now owned by Rupert Murdock so it's probably even worse.

Oh, and another thing, if you like to watch programs that require a lot of panning (such as F1 racing or nature shows) be prepared to watch blurred images and digital "artifacts" as they do not dedicate enough bandwidth to any channel sufficient to reproduce a pan shot.

Unfortunately, there aren't many (if any) alternatives. I've yet to hear ANYTHING good about Comcast.

James