Need new receiver

Macallan

My Yamaha 2300 is shuting off for no reason so I am looking for a new receiver. I am using a B&K 200.2 for my front 2 channels (RF-7) and the Yamaha for my surrounds and center (RC-7). I would like to spend around $1K and want the best sound quality. I don't care about video switching and would prefer new for warranty reasons. (i bought the yamaha off the internet) I am thinking about the Denon 3806. Any thoughts would be helpful. I really want the best 2 channel possible. I have heard the Arcam AVR350 is awesome but it is $2.5K. Any thoughts on a warm sounding receiver with great 2 channel? Thanks.

My Yamaha 2300 is shuting off for no reason so I am looking for a new receiver. I am using a B&K 200.2 for my front 2 channels (RF-7) and the Yamaha for my surrounds and center (RC-7). I would like to spend around $1K and want the best sound quality. I don't care about video switching and would prefer new for warranty reasons. (i bought the yamaha off the internet) I am thinking about the Denon 3806. Any thoughts would be helpful. I really want the best 2 channel possible. I have heard the Arcam AVR350 is awesome but it is $2.5K. Any thoughts on a warm sounding receiver with great 2 channel? Thanks.

www.outlawaudio.com

If your reciever is shutting itself off there must be a reason. One of the most common causes is loose strands of wires creating a short across the speaker or amp terminals. At the very least you should check all of your wiring and make sure it's not an issue. You definetly want to troubleshoot this issue so that you don't possibly damage future equipment.

As far as new reciever...if you're looking for warm, then you should check out Harmon Kardon. I'm a huge Denon fan and the 3806 is going to be a bit drier, but less bright than your Yamaha. The HK will be that much warmer again.

I've not heard the outlaw reciever, but all the reviews indicate that they're fricken awesome. I think my next reciever will actually come from them (if not a dedicated pre/pro). In fact, you could actually get their 970 pre/pro with a seperate 7 x 75W amplifier for about $1k:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/mofcart/combos.html

Not only would that be a better option than any reciever, but it will make future upgrading much more flexible.

I've not played with that Rotel so can't comment on the noise issue. I hear Rotel mates well with Klipsch, but I don't think I'd want to risk the noise.