F-2 or RF-52

easylistener

A friend of mine is look at these two speakers. Which ones are better. I haven't realy checked out the new ones. I know in the past the RF line was better then the F series, but I am not sure if that is still true. I did listen to the F-3 and they sounded really good. He would like to keep the speakers for a long time.

I have listened to both speakers in my search among both speaker lines for my own home.

I find as you move up through the models in the two lines the presence of the imaging and staging moves more and more outside the confines of the speaker itself. The bass response gets deeper and deeper, as physics would dictate.

Of the speakers I have auditioned the RF52 has a bass response that to me would require a sub. However it would work well in smaller rooms. It also uses same tweeter as the RF62 and RF82 so that part of the speactrum will be very similar.

The F2 is actually a remarkably good speaker (and the F3 as well), and Klipsch engineers should be commended for bringing the Klipsch experience buyers in this sector. These speakers are IMHO head and shoulders above other speakers at the same price point, especiall among the peer products with which they are typically sold. There's nothing in this price point sector that provides the same you-are-there experience and which takes full advantage, by its considerably better efficiency, of the power of the receivers with which it will likely be paired.

The F2 is actually much more comparable to the RF62, with the latter providing a worthwhile increase in refinement and balance.

My first recommendation would be to audition the RF62, because its typically discounted price may be found to be too close to the F2 to pass up, and he will have a really excellent speaker, which will be well beyond what most owners will be able to enjoy..

But I understand budgets, so...

if I had to choose between the two models you list, I would clearly choose the F2.

FWIW, YMMV.