Which surrounds....rs-52 or rb-61/81 ??

scottyg

Alright I have heard enough about which speakers to go with for my rear surrounds.......I have the rf-82s fronts and rc-62 center.....I have a rectangular room which is 20 x 16. I watch mostly sports,movies and listen to various music. Since everyone here obviously has klipsch products can you tell me why one speaker be better than the other ? I have heard a lot about timbre mathcing and woofer matching.........but no one has given me any advice...........besides magnolia which suggested I go with the rb-61s but that is the only product they carry so I thought the advice was a bit fishy ? especially since the rb81s and the rf-82 have the same size woofer. Any advice would be appreciated !!!!

thanks

Scott

Which surrounds you use comes down to coverage and seating position. You want to pick the surround that gives you the most even surround coverage to all the seats. For a narrow seating area (3 or less) that is not too close to the rear wall, monopoles work well with the RB-81 having the best dynamic match to the fronts as you suspected. For a wider seating area, the RS series surrounds will give you greater coverage without holes (RS-62's). If you have more than 1 row of seating, then you want both in a 7.1 setup to cover both rows of seats evenly.

• 2 weeks later...

Which surrounds you use comes down to coverage and seating position. You want to pick the surround that gives you the most even surround coverage to all the seats. For a narrow seating area (3 or less) that is not too close to the rear wall, monopoles work well with the RB-81 having the best dynamic match to the fronts as you suspected. For a wider seating area, the RS series surrounds will give you greater coverage without holes (RS-62's). If you have more than 1 row of seating, then you want both in a 7.1 setup to cover both rows of seats evenly.

Precisely! Very well described.