Help me decide on a new amp for my ChorusIIs

Bob243

Greetings

I am pulling out my hair trying to pick out a new power amp. Now let me first mention that yes, I am aware that a 50wpc amp is plenty suffucient for these very efficient speakers, however some days I want to hear it louder than that. I listen to pretty much everything, on a normal day I am usually listening to blues or jam bands, usually one of my Grateful Dead soundboards, however some days if i am in a mood, that quickly changes and I am listening to some very hard rock/ metal that is low tuned and has a bass / bass drum line that will make metallica seem like easy listening.

Ive used these with my Hitachi SR2004 for a few years (one of the "monster recievers" in the Pioneer SX-1980 era ) and it was very smooth and wonderful sounding, but when you get to the 70+ watts you start to notice the lack of current to keep the 15" drivers moving.

Currently I am using a NAD2400 power amp which is also a decent sounding amp, slightly brighter mostly noticable with Alanis, Jewel, and Tori, however this definately lacks the current to go much over 50 or so Watts per channel, I can hear it starting to starve for power. I have a second one on the way and i am planning on bridging them, however I am still not 100% convinced that it is going to knock my socks off with the heavy stuff.

This leaves me at 3 choices I am considering in my price range (used)..

Krell KSA-150 Class A 150wpc capable of driving down to a 1ohm load

McCormack DNA2 Deluxe 300WPC which I have read nothing but fantastic reviews about

McIntosh MC-7200 200WPC which I am confint will handle most anything i will throw at it, plus I like the PowerGuard feature however not sure how it will handle the fast/heavy stuff

So lets hear your input..

Thanks

Bob